Friday, September 7, 2012

Walking In God's Promises, Part 3


Developing God’s perspective on life can change your whole attitude. Some folks have bad attitudes, and it is solely based on perspective. Your whole outlook hinges on the way you view your life, how you see God, and how you see yourself.

In regard to perspective, the more I learn about God, the more I learn about Christ in me, and the more I learn about Christ in me, the more the limits seem to disappear. Now, we know that we can do anything that God calls us to do; it doesn’t matter how much it costs. When confronted with a new opportunity, our human inclination nine times out of ten is to immediately ask, “What’s it gonna cost”? What do you care? As though! Do you really think that you are the supplier of all of your needs? If so, then your perspective needs to change. By definition, your perspective is the periscope through which you view life.

Revelation will cause your perspective to change, and the whole purpose of revelation, in one word, is conviction. Not guilt, but conviction. Conviction is a persuasion. After undergoing this process, we become men and women of conviction. Sometimes we hear, “Oh, I respect him, he has strong convictions," or, "She is a woman with conviction.” Conviction is evidenced when we become persuaded about something.

After that, passion needs to kick in. Another word for passion is “enthusiasm.” Nothing of significance has ever been accomplished in this world without enthusiasm. How enthusiastic are you about your life? “Well, you haven’t seen the life that I live!” Well, change your attitude! “How do I do that? I am the way that I am.” So change the way that you are. “How do I do that?” Get into the Word of God! Get God’s perspective on who you are, not who you think you are. Who you think you are and what you think you can do will always be less than what God says. He sees something bigger in you than you see, and He knows it’s there because He put it there. He wants you to discover it through revelation so your perspective about your life can change.

When you get God’s perspective, there will be passion; there will be enthusiasm. Enthusiasm actually has the root word, “entheos,” which in the Greek means, “in God.” You can look it up, I did. You can find it in Merriam’s dictionary. In fact, it literally means (this is Webster’s Modern Collegiate Dictionary; it’s not even the old 1826 version): “belief in special revelations of the Holy Spirit.”

I almost got rocked out of my rocker when I first read that!  Belief in special revelations of the Holy Spirit! The next definition--you’re going to love this one--is “religious fanaticism.” Ha! It’s believing in the revelation that God has imparted to you by the Holy Spirit. Do you believe in the revelation you’ve received? Do you believe in the vision He’s given you? Bless God, if you do, then that ought to light a fire on the inside of you. There ought to be some passion; there ought to be some enthusiasm because God is in it!

Now that we have the passion, we have to understand: there is a process. I’m doing some things today that God started giving me the revelation on a few years ago. And let me tell you something about my experience. I could have started acting on those things a few years ago and messed everything up. Have you ever done that? I have. Sometimes we adopt the attitude, “Well, God showed me this, it’s God, and I’m doing it!” Maybe it isn’t God’s time! Maybe you have to go through a process.

All of the above are factors of walking in God’s promises. It is my hope and prayer that we all begin to experience the blessing of His promises in our daily lives in a greater degree. They’re all there . . . we simply have to posture ourselves to receive.

~ pg

No comments: